Real Estate Management and Service Dispute Resolution Service Scheme (REMSDRSS)
Purpose of the Scheme
The goal of the Scheme to provide the parties involved in local or cross-border real estate disputes a one-stop platform to effectively resolving disputes through mediation, arbitration or "mediation first, then the arbitration". Offering customers with convenient, fast and cheap professional dispute resolution services.
Scheme providing organisations
To correspond the Scheme, the Hong Kong Mediation Center (HKMC), Hong Kong International Mediation Center (HKIMC) and Hong Kong International Commercial Arbitration Center (HKCICA) have established respective real estate management and service mediation/arbitration committees at their institute, which aim to oversee and modify the service standards.
Mediator and Arbitrator of the Scheme
Meanwhile, a large number of mediators and arbitrators has already been specially trained to offer professional service for the scheme, who are familiar with dealing with real estate disputes, capable of ensuring the best interests of both parties in the dispute settlement process.
Dispute Resolution Fee in the Scheme
The fee of the plan is affordable, with a special discount of 15%-40% compared to the standard mediation and arbitration fees.
Phases of the Scheme
The first phase of the plan is to provide services to more than 4,000 institutional members of the Hong Kong Real Estate Management and Service Alliance (HKREMSA) and their employees, contractors, suppliers and customers.
The second phase will start at the end of 2021, providing comprehensive protection for global business.
- Dispute of any amount.
- Disputes that are related to: property management and real estate-related development, construction, contracts, leasing, sales, building management, insurance and other disputes.
- Please contact our staff for cross-border or international dispute resolution services
Scheme Beneficiary members (Launch Stage)
The members of the Hong Kong Real Estate Management and Service Alliance (HKREMSA), including:
- Chartered Association of Building Engineers Hong Kong Chapter (“CABE-HK”)
- Hong Kong Institution of Building and Services Engineers (“HKIBSE”)
- Hong Kong Institute of Certified Property Managers (“HKCPM”)
- Hong Kong Institute of Real Estate Administrators (“HIREA”)
- Institute of Shopping Centre Management (“ISCM”)
- International Dispute Resolution and Risk Management Institute (IDRRMI)
Please call or email to the Scheme case manger at the secretarite of the Hong Kong Mediation Centre with (852) 2866 1800 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicant shall include the Scheme titlte "Real Estate Management and Service Dispute Resolution Service Scheme" when addressing the enquiry and obtain the application form
- Filing application
Eligible persons should submit the completed "Real Estate Management and Service Dispute Resolution Service Scheme Application Form", and submit all relevant supporting documents and application fees to our center. The parties can choose to apply for mediation, "mediation first, then the arbitration" or arbitration services.
- Case eligibility screening procedure
After the Scheme case manager receiving the relevant application and application fee, he/ she will study the eligibility of the dispute in accordance to the "Guidelines for Case Acceptance Criteria" of the Real Estate Management and Service Dispute Resolution Service Scheme. Once the dispute cases has are passed the criteria, the case will officially enter the dispute resolution service arrangement stage, and the case manager will contact the parties for details and actions to be taken in this stage.
Scheme service fee schedule
- Mediation Service (Local)*: Discounted
|Items||Fee (Hong Kong Dollars)|
|Professional Mediation Fee * Dispute amount as:|
|1) Below HKD$3,000,000||HKD$15,000|
|2) Between HKD$3,000,001 and HKD$8,000,000||HKD$25,000|
|3) HKD$8,000,001 and above||HKD$40,000|
* Please contact our staff for cross-border or international mediation services
** Including mediator fee, HKMC case management fee and conference room rent
# Any other fees must be paid on the day of the mediation meeting. All costs are shared equally by the parties.
- Arbitration Service: Discounted
|Items||Fee (Hong Kong Dollars)|
|Professional Arbitration Fee * Dispute amount as:|
|1) Below HKD$1,000,000||HKD$30,000|
|2) HKD$1,000,001 and above||15%-25% discount in accordance with HKCICA arbitration service fee schedule
(Please refer to - https://idrrmi.org/zh/hkcica-international-commerce-arbitration-service-en/)
* Including arbitrator fees and HKCICA case management and arbitration tribunal fees
- Application fees paid are non-refundable.
- The Hong Kong Mediation Centre (HKMC) reserves all the rights to make the final decision.