Alliance for Mediation Standards ("The Alliance") was established in 2021, it signifies an advancement of international mediation professionalism through upholding high accreditation benchmarks for mediators, a high service provision standard, and valuing cultural-specific mediation skills. Aiming at strengthening the provision of a reliable and collaborative dispute resolution option, mediation, for international business, creating a harmonious and risk-mitigated business environment.
Members of The Alliance
- International Dispute Resolution and Risk Management Institute (IDRRMI)
- Asian Mediation Center (AMC)
- Instituto de Certificacao e Formacao de Mediadores Lusofonos (ICFML)
- Institut Français de Certification des Médiateurs (IFCM)
- Singapore International Mediation Center (SIMI)
Membership Cross-recognition arrangement
The Alliance has an arrangement whereby mediators accredited with one member can apply to any member of the Alliance to have their credentials cross-recognised.
Criteria: The minimum level of accreditation required by the organisation must be met.
The corresponding level of cross-recognition is as follows:
|Mediator Titles||International Accredited Professional Mediator (IAPM)||AMC Accredited Mediator||ICFML Mediator Certificado Avançado
|IFCM Registered Mediator||SIMI Accredited Mediator
Mediator from other member(s) of The Alliance who are interested in having their credentials cross-ed recognised by the IDRRMI should follow the below application procedure:
- Prepare the following documents:
- Prepare a cover letter
- Complete the application form for the IAPM of IDRRMI ; and
- Prepare the Professional Mediator Qualification Certificate or other form of proof (obtained from the home accrediting organisation)
- Submit all the above documents to firstname.lastname@example.org; and
- The Secretariat of the IDRRMI would follow up with the applicant via email
*IDRRMI reserves the right to determine whether the requirements for cross-recognition have been met.