Alliance for Mediation Standards ("The Alliance") was established in 2021, it signifies an advancement of international mediation professionalism through upholding high accreditation benchmarks for mediators, a high service provision standard, and valuing cultural-specific mediation skills. Aiming at strengthening the provision of a reliable and collaborative dispute resolution option, mediation, for international business, creating a harmonious and risk-mitigated business environment.
Members of The Alliance
- International Dispute Resolution and Risk Management Institute (IDRRMI)
- Asian Mediation Center (AMC)
- Instituto de Certificacao e Formacao de Mediadores Lusofonos (ICFML)
- Institut Français de Certification des Médiateurs (IFCM)
- Singapore International Mediation Center (SIMI)
Membership Cross-recognition arrangement
The Alliance has an arrangement whereby mediators accredited with one member can apply to any member of the Alliance to have their credentials cross-recognised.
Criteria: The minimum level of accreditation required by the organisation must be met.
The corresponding level of cross-recognition is as follows:
|Mediator Titles||International Accredited Professional Mediator (IAPM)||AMC Accredited Mediator||ICFML Mediator Certificado Avançado
|IFCM Registered Mediator||SIMI Accredited Mediator
Instructions for accredited/registered mediators from other Alliance members who wish to apply for cross-recognition by IDRRMI
Mediators from other members of the Alliance who are interested in having their credentials cross-recognised by IDRRMI must submit:
- Prepare the following documents:
- Submit all the above documents to email@example.com; and
- The Secretariat of the IDRRMI would follow up with the applicant via email
*IDRRMI reserves the right to determine whether the requirements for cross-recognition have been met.
Instructions for IDRRMI accredited/registered mediators who wish to apply for cross-recognition by other Alliance members
- Please submit the following documents to the Alliance member you wish to be accredited with:
- Application form for cross-recognition/accreditation to be obtained from the respective Alliance member (fee may be applicable).
- Certification letter (fee may be applicable) – kindly fill in the Certification letter and submit it to IDRRMI for signature at firstname.lastname@example.org Once the letter is signed, you may then email the completed Certification letter along with (2) and (3) above to the Alliance member whom you wish to be accredited with.
For enquiries, kindly contact the respective AMS member via their website.