Any person who has completed the relevant arbitration training certificate course, obtained the relevant Certificate and passed the IDRRMI's Professional Arbitrator Accreditation Assessment will be eligible to apply to be an Arbitrator (AIDRRMI) of IDRRMI. There are three levels of arbitration practitioners at the IDRRMI structure.
According to their arbitration experience, Arbitrators at the IDRRMI are divided into four levels, I) Arbitrator, ii) Arbitration Fellow, and iii) Chartered Arbitrator.
- Arbitrator (AIDRRMI)
The Arbitration Member of the IDRRMI is a recognition for individual who demonstrates good knowledge and integrity of being an arbitration practitioner.
Applicants to the Arbitration Member (AMIDRRMI) of the IDRRMI must fulfil one of the following requirements:
- Completed the Professional Arbitrator Training Certificate Course organized or co-organized by Academy of International Dispute Resolution & Professional Negotiation (AIDRN), obtained the relevant certificate and passed the Professional Arbitrator Accreditation Assessment held by IDRRMI within 3 years upon the completion of the Course; or
- Completed a recognized arbitrator training course organized by other organizations and accredited by IDRRMI, obtained the relevant certificate and Professional Arbitrator Accreditation Assessment held by IDRRMI within 3 years upon the completion of the Course.
- Arbitration Fellow (FAIDRRMI)
The Arbitration Fellow is an existing Arbitration Member of the IDRRMI with a minimum of 3 years of experience in arbitration. He/She is has advanced experience in the arbitration field showed. They have also shown commitment towards the professionalism of arbitration with the good performance standard of behavior, skills and knowledge in the Board Interview for Arbitration Fellow.
- An existing Arbitration Member of the IDRRMI for at least 3 years of arbitration experience; and
- Passed the Board Interview for Arbitration Fellow
- Chartered Arbitrator (CAIDRRMI)
The Chartered Arbitrator is equipped with the most advanced experience in the arbitration field. CAIDRRMI also show significant commitment and contribution to this industry. He/She is an existing Arbitration Fellow of the IDRRMI who has passed the Peer Review Panel for Chartered Arbitrators. It is the highest level of professional recognition.
- An existing Arbitration Fellow of the IDRRMI; and
- Passed the Board Interview for Chartered Arbitrator.
Why do I have to become an Arbitrator of IDRRMI?
IDRRMI is a platform for world-class dispute resolution specialists, it is an excellent community for arbitrators to develop and expand their career in arbitration and other dispute resolution mechanisms. It provides a variety opportunity of Continuing Professional Development and networking, including advanced professional training courses, talks, seminars and mediation case referrals. We serve to support professional development for our arbitrators.
You may refer to the chart below for a clearer understanding of the requirement in each arbitration professional tiers.
Applicants must submit the application within 1 year upon the notification of the result of the accreditation assessment.
The application will be submitted to the Board of Directors of IDRRMI for approval. After successful application as an AMIDRRMI, arbitrators are required to attain requirements of the Continuing Professional Development Scheme in a given year so as to be eligible for maintaining their qualification as IDRRMI Arbitration Member of IDRRMI (AMIDRRMI).
A one-time Registration Fee (HK$500) is required to be registered on the Panel List of IDRRMI.
|Arbitrator (AIDRRMI)||HKD 1,500 (RMB 1,400)|
|Arbitration Fellow (FAIDRRMI)||HKD 2,000 (RMB 1,800)|
|Chartered Arbitrator (CAIDRRMI)||HKD 3,000 (RMB 2,700)|
Renewal of Qualifications
For the renewal of the Arbitrator of IDRRMI (AIDRRMI) qualification, AIDRRMI is required to submit the renewal form, and the CPD Record Submission Form indicating the fulfilment of the qualification renewal requirements together with the annual fee on or before 31st December of that year.
Any persons who failed to renew their qualification by the designated date will be suspended unless and until further remedial actions are taken by the respective persons to the full satisfaction of IDRRMI.