We are delighted to co-organise the annual flagship academic series with the United Nations Commission of International Trade Law – Regional Centre for Asia and the Pacific (“UNCITRAL-RCAP”), Hong Kong Mediation Centre (“HKMC”) and the Faculty of Law of the University of Hong Kong on the 27th October 2022, UNCITRAL Asia Pacific Day. The topic this year is “Charting the Course for another decade: Mediation and Arbitration in the Asia-Pacific Region”. It is to celebrate the 10th anniversary of the establishment of UNCITRAL RCAP and the impactful achievements the Centre has brought to the Asia-Pacific Region these years. Over 160 legal students, young lawyers, professional mediators and arbitrators joined us virtually, to share this moment.
Great appreciation to the representatives from UNCITRAL-RCAP Ms. Athita Komindr and Ms. Moonar Tsoi for delivering valuable opening remarks, moderator - Dr. Shahla Ali, speakers - Prof. Edwin Chan, Ms. Kim Rooney and Ms. Xin Zhang, and host Dr. Alfred Chan, who made the webinar successful.
Once again, congratulations on the 10th anniversary of UNCITRAL RCAP!
Dr. Alfred Chan
- Vice Chairman, International Dispute Resolution and Risk Management Institute
- Vice President, Hong Kong Mediation Centre
Dr. Shala Ali
- Professor and Associate Dean (International affairs) & Director of the LLM in Arbitration and Dispute Resolution Faculty of Law, University of Hong Kong
Honourable Speakers of Opening Remarks
Ms. Athita Komindr
- Head, UNCITRAL Regional Centre for Asia and the Pacific
Ms. Moonar Tsoi
- Legal Expert, UNCITRAL Regional Centre for Asia and the Pacific
Prof. Edwin Chan
- Adjunct Professor, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
- Arbitrator and Mediator
Ms Kim Rooney
- International Arbitrator and Accredited Mediator
Ms Xin Zhang
- Counsel, Secretariat of International Chamber of Commerce International Court of Arbitration